Thursday 14 March 2013

Eggs and Cakes

Last night I let my self be seduced by the idea of digital stamps. I've always loved colouring and will take any chance I can get to sit down with my Laurentian pencil crayons to colour. I went through a digital dolling phase (if you don't know, please don't ask it was an interesting phase) and that helped me with shading... a little.

I am no artist, but I like colouring so when I went to Tiddly Inks I was pleased to find very pretty imagines that I might be able to colour. Now I know this is a dangerous road because I will want to keep purchasing more and more images, and then different colouring mediums (copics anyone?), so I am going to be careful about being happy with a few images and my plain old pencil crayons.

I bought four or five different images last night and this is the result of my first. I had a little bit of trouble picking out the colours for her hair, I knew I wanted her to be a red head as this card will probably be for my mom, but I didn't want it to be too orange. In the end I am happy with the results.

I  am planning on entering her into the Tiddly Inks CAS challenge.... not sure that she qualifies but might as well try!


This next card was inspired by a video by Kristina Werner. I watch her videos on a daily basis, she's got a great voice to listen to and is very good at explaining herself. It's because of her I have an order of heat embossing stuff on the way to my house.

The video that I used to make this card is here. Her's is a lot cuter, but I tried. I don't know if I like what I did. I used my Cricut and tried to adapt, but I don't know if it worked so very well.



Okay well that's all for now. I'm sure there will be more soon as I am so inspired by all the challenges out there!!

Tootles
JB

3 comments:

  1. You rocked the CAS style one and the Tiddly Inks image. Thanks for joining in the Tiddly Inks challenge this week. Hope to see more from you again.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats cute, I love the stripey paper.
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog
    Hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the stiped paper. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete